The awarding ceremony of the 42nd Ten Outstanding Students of Makati (TOSM) was held on March 19 at the Session Hall of Makati City Hall. Ten students from various schools in Makati were chosen out of dozen other nominees not only for their excellent academic performance, but also for serving as an inspiration to their fellow youth in terms of leadership, talent and service.
Makati Mayor Abby Binay-Campos opened the ceremony with the welcoming remarks. She congratulated the awardees and expressed the city’s gratitude for their contribution to the community despite their young age. She encouraged them to continue raising the bar of excellence, and also promised the support of the government to assist in their development.
Junior Chamber International (JCI) Makati 2018 President, Filipino motivational speaker Pocholo “The VoiceMaster” Gonzales also gave an inspirational talk during the awarding. His short yet impactful speech livened the crowd as he started off with humor, wit, and an impromptu song for the youth of Makati. He shared his own journey as a youth advocate, and how he has carried on this lifelong mission to inspire and empower young people. In the end, Pocholo challenged not only the awardees but all Filipino youth to serve the community and the country by being the epitome of greatness for all the youth.
In order, the 42nd TOSM Awardees are:
- John Robbie S. Laurio (Makati Science High School)
- Ellian Fitzgerald L. Marquez (Makati Science High School)
- Julius Miguel A. Tizon (St. Paul College of Makati)
- Reiven S. Espinoza (Pitogo High School)
- Alexa S. Satur (St. Paul College of Makati)
- Don Alden V. Baterisna (Colegio de San Agustin)
- Nelson Gabriel L. Cortez (Colegio de San Agustin)
- Vincent Raul O. Oliveros (San Antonio National High School)
- Sophia Ricci C. Ellorda (Pitogo High School)
- Princess M. Olarte (Fort Bonifacio High School)
The 42nd TOSM is a collaboration of the Makati City Government, DepEd Makati and JCI Makati.
Leave a Reply